Expected "inter-stage" behaviour of ASSIGN program rule action

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the behaviour of ASSIGN activity type in
program rules when the program has several stages.

Our context is a program with three stages (opening, consultation,
closure). In analysis we want to show data from opening and closure stages
in the same table. Since currently it is not possible to do this kind of
analysis in Event Report, we have created some ASSIGN program rules to copy
values from closure stage to opening stage so that we have all the
information we need for analysis in the same stage.

In 2.25 we saw that it was possible to assign values to previous stages and
we created a setup relying on this behaviour. But it seems to have changed
in 2.26 and now the ASSIGN action only affects the "active" stage and does
not create any value in previous or following stages...

Since this point is not explicitely detailed in the documentation, we would
like to know what is the expected "inter-stage" behaviour of ASSIGN in
order to think about an strategy that will work in current and future
releases. And if there is a way to do this kind of assignments in 2.26.

Thank you a lot,

Víctor

Follow ups