Re: [Dhis2-users] Tie an indicator denominator to a fixed period

You can join a monthly numerator with an annual denominator.

On Jun 2, 2017 7:06 PM, "Georgi Chakarov" <georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi guys,

Can someone help on this case:

I need to have the Beds’ utilization rate (%) calculated for my 5 Org Units.

I collect the "Number of occupied beds" as a separate data element on a
monthly basis. The number of beds per Org Unit is fixed and I have
collected the information for them only once in September 2016 in a data
element called “Number of Beds”. The number of beds does not change.

How can I set up the denominator of the indicator (“Number of occupied
beds”/Number of Beds) so that the value of the indicator is calculated
based on the value of the “Number of Beds” data element for September 2016
and not the value of the current month (apparently there is no values for
the months after September 2016)?

I cannot use constants, because the number of beds is different for each
Org Units and I do not want to create 5 separate Indicators for the 5
separate Org Units.

At the same time I do not want to record the number of beds to be the same
every month, since it is confusing and it will look like we add up the same
number of debs every month, which is not the case.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Georgi Chakarov, CIA | georgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1-647-478-5634 x 104
<(647)%20478-5634> | LogicalOutcomes c/o Centre for Social Innovation, 720
Bathurst Street, Toronto Canada M5S 2R4 | *You may unsubscribe from
receiving commercial electronic messages from LogicalOutcomes by emailing *
*info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>