Recent JQUERY API change caused multiple bugs throughout DHIS2

Hi,

During the last few weeks, several of us detected that a range of key
functionalities were no longer working in 2.25, 2.26, 2.27 etc, and wrote
up JIRA issues. According to Viet - who has fixed most of them - this was
caused by a recent JQUERY API change:

"Before we were using the method *attr*("selected","selected"). Now that
does not work anymore, and we have to use *prop*("selected", true)"

There are two aspects to this which are essential to address:

Firstly, relying on users detecting each instance of the
attr("selected","selected") usage by picking up that things are no longer
working, writing a JIRA issue, and then having presumably different
developers fixing it - that is cumbersome and inefficient. PLEASE CONSIDER
SEARCHING THROUGH THE CODE BASE DIRECTLY AND RECTIFY ALL SUCH INSTANCES.

Secondly, this kind of thing should not happen with production versions -
those responsible for e.g. API changes should as far as possible ensure
that issues like this are addressed BEFORE the new API is implemented. It
should be relatively simple to scan through the code base for specific
methods no longer supported (?).

(Shit 'appens, but let's try to learn from it...)

Best regards
Calle

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx