DHIS 2, PostgreSQL only

Hi all,

after gathering feedback from the community we have decided to support
PostgreSQL only as database platform for DHIS 2 starting from version 2.29
(i.e. the next release).

This will allow us to utilize some of the sophisticated features specific
to PostgreSQL in order to make a better system. As example, this will help
us to improve the analytics and data import/export functionality.

The minimum version required will be PostgreSQL version 9.0. We do however
recommend migrating to PostgreSQL 10 as it provides performance
improvements and new features which may be utilized in near-future DHIS 2
releases.

best regards,

Lars

--