Re: modifying the UID of default

Hi,

South Africa is using a National Data Dictionary (DHIS2-based) to "control"
most meta-data, which means we have standardised uids and codes for
- orgunits
- data elements
- indicators
- validation rules
- categories/options/combos
etc.

Makes life a lot easier when you have many separate DHIS2 instances.

This is now increasingly also coming up as an international / global
challenge - since DHIS2 does not have any kind of import matching mechanism
where the incoming uid/code/name can be matched to internal uid/code/name
(if different), you end up with a lot of uid fiddling. The need to be able
to export program indicator data as aggregate values to other systems
exacerbate this challenge.

Regards
Calle