Accessing DHIS2 instance from an external app

Hello,

We have a DHIS2 instance running on the server. We are testing another (external) javascript app and its access to this DHIS2 instance.

When executing it locally on our PC we are getting an HTTP 0 error saying that a cross-domain resource was requested but no CORS headers in the response.

We've checked the DHIS2 setting for the CORS whitelist (https://docs.dhis2.org/2.28/en/user/html/system_access_settings.html <https://docs.dhis2.org/2.28/en/user/html/system_access_settings.html>), but it is not clear what URL we should put if this external app is executing locally on our PC? Is there any workaround for this or we have to execute the app on the public URL that should be placed in the whitelist?

Thanks!

Best,
Petar

Petar Jovanovic
Department of Service and Information System Engineering (ESSI)
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, BarcelonaTech
Barcelona, Spain

Follow ups