Re: Dashboard Development

Hi Leke-Seweje,

To my knowledge, pepfar is not using DHIS2 (are they??).
If you want to change the look of the dashboards, I see three
possibilities, ranked from easiest to hardest:

   - You create a DHIS2 app
   <https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/developer/html/apps.html>. In that
   case you only do some front-end development and use the API
   <https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/developer/html/webapi.html> to
   manipulate the data.
   - You create the entire website (front and back end) and use the API
   <https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/developer/html/webapi.html> to
   manipulate the data.
   - You "fork <https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-core>" DHIS2 and create your
   own layout. Note that then you would have to merge back all the new bugs
   fix and features.

If not already done, I would advise to first get a dashboard with the
already existing DHIS2 layout before thinking to switch to a new one.

Best,

Edouard

PS: Myself still a newbie with DHIS2. Maybe some other people in this list
have better advices.