CSV metadata import, clearing values for omitted columns

Hello,

We are using CSV metadata import to update some metadata objects in more convenient and collective manner.  For example, org unit names.

However, we noticed when trying to update org unit names with CSV import, that columns for which we omit values like coordinates are overwritten in the database with an empty string.

The documentation (https://docs.dhis2.org/2.29/en/developer/html/webapi_csv_metadata_import.html) says that values for not required columns can be omitted, but it is not clear what happens in the case of updates. Is overwriting the omitted columns with whatever is found in csv (even an empty string) is an intended behavior?  What I would expect is that the omitted columns are left untouched while those for which new values are provided will be updated.

Any clarification of this, or proposal to avoid clearing omitted columns when doing metadata update through CSV import?

Thank you!

Best,
Petar