Re: Min Max Violations Preventing Data Set Complete when Passing Validations are Compulsory

Hi

I agree with Pamod on this issue - from the very start of DHIS in 1997,
min/max violations have always been regarded as "soft" violations - which
means the user gets a warning but should not be blocked from continuing.
That is different from the typical "absolute' validation rules which are
"hard", like when you have a rule that the number of positives cannot be
higher than the number tested (for whatever). Min/max values represent the
NORMAL range of a data element / variable - not the absolute range (note:
DHIS 1.4 supported defining ABSOLUTE min-max values, but DHIS2 does not)

Regards from Sierra Leone
Calle