Re: Add/Update Public resources permission

Hi again,

I tested 2.30 version with the same outcome. Is my previous explanation
clear enough? I was about reporting this in JIRA as a bug but, since I am
not sure of considering it such as, I'd rather ask you in advance...

Any lead on this would be much appreciated.

Best,

Eric

> Dear developers,
>
> I'm a little confused about the term "public" regarding user permissions
> and I'd really appreciate any lead on this. Imagine that we have the
> following case:
>

>    - User B has a role with permissions on See Pivot Table.
>
> User A creates a table and shares it with B and set it as Public access
> --> none
>

> When User B tries to update and save that table this is the result
>

> It seems that User B need to have the permission *Add/ Update Public
> Report Table* in order to edit/share that table. From my understanding,
> as the table was set to Public --> none I should not need to add that
> permission to user B.
>
> So, what is the meaning of "Public" here? Is any shared resource
> considered as public even if it is shared only to a user/usergroup? Is this
> the expected behaviour or is it a bug? (Tested for play version 2.28. Not
> possible to access to 2.29 since yesterday).
>
> Ideally, we'd rather avoid giving this permission since then all users'
> tables are created with Public edit/view permissions by default.
>
> Best,
>
> Eric

PNG image

PNG image