Re: [Dhis2-users] Indicator - Maximum number of data elements in the expression

Hi Peter,

I believe the limit to the number of expressions which are included in an
indicator is that of the underlying database field which stores the
expression, which should be very large. I think in practice, you may reach
a limit where the indicator may be too complex to calculate quickly enough.
We have created indicators with many hundreds of data elements, and while
they do work, it can be a bit slow.

You may also encounter a limit in the user interface when defining the
indicators, but if you are creating one with many dozens or hundreds of
expression elements, you are probably not going to want to use the UI
anyway, and would script the creation of the indicator.

While not supported through the user interface, adding together indicators
will work it seems.

Would be interested to hear what your experience is if you create a "large"
indicator, or one which consists of multiple indicator components.

Best regards,
Jason