From: Greg Wilson
Sent: 14 August 2018 11:16
To: DHIS 2 developers
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] User PUT issue

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? According to the docs (https://docs.dhis2.org/2.29/en/developer/html/dhis2_developer_manual_full.html#webapi_users_create_update) this should work to update a user's account:
curl -X PUT -u "admin:district" -d @u.json -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://play.dhis2.org/2.26/api/26/users/DXyJmlo9rge
In this case I am using {"firstName":"ATEST"} as the u.json file. Unfortunately I keep receiving errors such as:
"Missing required property `surname`."
If I send a more complete user object it complains that I am missing the userCredentials.username property. When I add that, it complains that user already exists.

Gregory Wilson