Specifications within a Data Element (Tracker)

Dear All

I am interested in placing criteria/specifications within a specific data
element. For instance, I have created a DE for a unique ID number to be
entered. However, there are specific codes that I would like to have
entered into this DE (text type DE). For example, the UID should be 1
letter (either 'A', 'D' or 'E') followed by 4 numbers. The user would input
the letter depending on the outcome of the patient and then the numbers.

e.g. I am looking for a code as follows: A0001

Is it possible to put into place a programme rule or any other option (this
is for Tracker) that restricts user input to one of the 3 letters followed
by 4 numbers? Is this at all possible?

I considered creating a DE with Cat options that has the 3 letter code
options available for selection and then a separate DE for the 4 numbers,
but hoped there was a better and more elegant solution.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Terence

Terence Scott

Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC)
Pan-African Rabies Control Network (PARACON) Steering Committee
terence.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://paracon.rabiesalliance.org
Skype: tpscott1987

Register your World Rabies Day event here
<https://rabiesalliance.org/world-rabies-day/register>
Nominate an individual or organisation in the World Rabies Day Awards here
<https://rabiesalliance.org/world-rabies-day/awards>
Find our event and awareness resources here
<https://rabiesalliance.org/world-rabies-day/event-resources>
*World Rabies Day, Sept 28, is a global day of action and awareness for
rabies prevention*