From: Dhis2-devs <dhis2-devs-bounces+samuel.johnson=qebo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Muhammad Adeel <adeel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 13:38
To: Morten Olav Hansen <morten@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Shurajit Dutta <shurajitdutta@xxxxxxxxx>, "mike@xxxxxxxxx" <mike@xxxxxxxxx>, DHIS2 Developers <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Some issues with metadata dependency export

Hi Shurajit / Morten / Nick,

Please check below. Import Summaries supported have been added to the Import/Export App

[import-summaries.png]

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:17 PM Morten Olav Hansen <morten@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:morten@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Nick

Could you create a JIRA issue for this?

--
Morten Olav Hansen
Senior Engineer, DHIS 2

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 11:51 PM Shurajit Dutta <shurajitdutta@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:shurajitdutta@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi everyone

I recently ran into some issues using the new import/export app in 2.30. Everything was re-tested on play.dhis2.org/2.30<http://play.dhis2.org/2.30> after trying on my own instances. Could you let me know any feedback?

Unable to run the metadata dependency export through the UI

[image.png]

Steps to reproduce:

Programs
Select any program
Format - JSON
Compression - Uncompressed

[image.png]

I would use this so I could view the export in the browser before export, or if I want to slightly modify the call prior to exporting.

2. There is no option to perform a metadata dependency export without sharing like there is for the regular meta-data export. I tried something like the following to exclude the sharing

http://172.16.105.216:8082/api/programs/SSLpOM0r1U7/metadata.json?attachment=metadataDependency.json&fields=!user,!publicAccess,!userGroupAccesses

but could not get it to exclude all the sharing; in this case perhaps my call is just incorrect but it would be preferable if there was an option through the UI

3. When you import and something goes wrong the log is not very descriptive. You have to look in the browser console and even this does not seem to be very descriptive. For example, here is a file that does not import properly. Everything seems to be ignored and I am not exactly sure why from this message (this is a problem with the default categorycombo I believe)

[image.png]

In <=2.29 it would give you a fair amount of detail as to what was wrong, duplicated or incorrectly referenced and wondering if that will make a comeback?

[image.png]

Thanks
Nick

--