Re: Filtering indicators by OU

Hello and thanks for the quick response... it seems it might have not been really clear.

I will try to put an example.

We had 3 Data Elements (A,B and C) that have been merged in one (let's call it X). The reason they have been merged is because A,B and C belong to a Medical Service called Nutrition and as they could be filtered later by that service (Nutrition A, Nutrition B and Nutrition C) it simplified the data input and analysis.

So, for example, now in the OU Nutrition A people will fill the Data Element X. And when doing the analysis they will select Data Element X filtered by service Nutrition A. Same for B and Same for C.

These three indicators were used before separately in several indicators, sometimes we needed A+B+C/100. In those cases we don't need to do anything as they have already been merged and we can use X/100.

However, and here is the issue. We have realized that when calculating Deaths, the only valid deaths are those coming from Nutrition A and Nutrition B. So before, we would have the indicator Nutrition A + Nutrition B.

Ideally, I would like to be able to create an indicator where Data Elements can be filtered, so I could create an indicator like X (Nutrition A) + X (Nutrition B).

If this is not possible it obliges me to keep the old model with A, B and C separated instead of the X. I hope it is clear... I will happily provide more information if requested.

Thanks,

Jaime Bosque Torrecilla

Applications Technician, eHealth & Operations Applications (‘Apps4OPS’)

Projects & IT Unit
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Spain – Barcelona Office

Fixed: +34 935 213 048 – Skype: msfe-healthdatatech2