Re: [Dhis2-users] WHO DQA tool and Zeros not storing in DHIS2

Hi Gerald,
No, they will not appear unless people re-enter the data. When this setting
is used, what happens on the client side, is that even if people enter a
zero, it will never get transmitted to the server. In most cases, having
zeros simply leads to massive numbers of zeros stored in the database,
which are not important when things get aggregated. Users are often not
consistent about entering zeros, and trying to divine what the user's
intent was, can be exceedingly difficult. This is the reason that the
"Complete" button was implemented. With proper training and messaging, this
can be used to indicate that the report it complete, and that everything
which is blank, should be able to be assumed to be zero. Often people want
to try and use a zero to indicate that a particular service is offered, but
that there were simply no clients for that reporting period. The problem of
course is whether the data entry staff understand this. I am not sure what
the need for zeroes actually is in your case, but you may want to consider
to use the completion information instead, if possible. We have seen
numerous cases were more than 60% of the values stored in a DHIS2 database
are zeros. This leads to slower performance of analytics, as well as
inflation of backup sizes, so I hope if you do change this, to think
carefully about whether you really, really need all those zeros!

Best regards,
Jason