dhis2-documenters team mailing list archive

Re: [Dhis2-devs] DHIS 2 Documentation

Hi Thuy,

I can try and help, but not sure that I have all the answers either.

> But still I confuse how to commit my document into this branches. Please
> help me.
> As I understand,
> 1. I need to transfer my document into xml format,
This is a pretty painful process the first time. I have copied/pasted
from the original word file into a DocBook editor. I would reccomend
XXE Personal, but Lars says he prefers Serna Free, whereas Bob seemed
to lean towards Emacs (old-school!). I would try out a few and see
which one you like best.

> 2. Put all images into seperate folder
All images should be placed in the src/docbookx/resources/images
folder. The should linked with a relative link to the image source.
You can take a look at some of the existing documentation to see how
this is done.

The element should look something like this..
65      <screenshot>
           <screeninfo>Main data entry screen</screeninfo>
             <mediaobject>
               <imageobject>
                  <imagedata
fileref="resources/images/data_entry_screen_main.png" />
               </imageobject>
             </mediaobject>
          </screenshot>

> 3. Edit CSS or bzr or pom file.
CSS files are located in the src/docbookx/resources/css folder.

I will need to add some more documentation on how to get the HTML to
reference the CSS, and I notice now this is incorrect in some of the
documentation source. The full process is described here..

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UsingCSS.html

The pom.xml file is located in the root of the branch. This is pure
black magic for me, so feel free to edit it. You can check out the
documentation on the docbokx maven plugin for more information on
this.

> 4. commit it.
bzr commit -m "Adding Vietnamese translations"
bzr push lp:~dhis2-documenters/dhis2/dhis2-docbook-docs

 Hope this helps!

We should also probably redo the directory structure a bit to allow
for multiple languages. I would suggest that we create a sub-directory
in the /src/docbkx/ folder. For English documentation, we could use
/src/docbkx/en, for Vietnamese /src/docbkx/vn. It is possible as well
to place the language itself in the document source, but this could
get tricky.

> Please tell me if I understood right way?

Go ahead and write some documents, commit them, and then we will know!
Good luck!

Jason

Follow ups