Re: pphmbagb wants to join

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Brian Agbirogu <pphmbagb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I have worked with dhis 1.4 for the last 3 years at Family Health
> International and I am keenly interested in the use of the web based
> software for data management purposes. I am trying to install it on my
> system and feel I need to join to keep myself up to date with the
> development/perfection of this great software.

Welcome to the list!

>  I am also trying to install the  dhis on ubuntu and I am having problem
> connecting to the branch; dhis2 using the command; bzr branch lp:dhis2. I am
> getting an error as try to connect to this dhis branch and I feel becoming a
> member will help.

Very happy to see you're using Ubuntu, it is the preferred platform for many
of us. Given the dominance of Windows, most efforts on easy installation
such as DHIS Live and the new installer (
http://97.107.142.53/files/DHIS2-Install.exe) are Windows focused, but we
very much want to support Linux (and Mac).

Here is how I set up my Ubuntu server, using just the command line:
http://www.openhealthconsortium.org/wiki/doku.php?id=ohm_on_an_ubuntu_server

One thing to note is that if you are behind a firewall, you should give
Bazaar a full path instead of just "bzr branch lp:dhis2":
bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Edhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk

If that still gives you an error, please post the error message.

Cheers,
Knut

--
Cheers,