Re: Getting started

Right, I realized just now that it was the Jetty that comes with Geoserver
that was blocking Tomcat. I take it you are working on Windows? You'll
either have to change one of the ports or run one of them at a time - which
should be fine for now. The alternative would be to just move the Geoserver
webapp to Tomcat.

Since you can create users, Hibernate has probably done what it is supposed
to do, namely create the (mostly empty) database tables, although I find it
strange that the users table is empty if you have created a new user.

Knut