Re: Orgunit

All of this is extremely unclear, it would be nice if there were a data model on the site somewhere.

But more importantly, what are group sets and compulsory group sets, what is their purpose?  The most I can find is the user manual sec. 4.2.2.11-14.

I have created my OrgUnit table with a series of SQL statements like the following:

INSERT INTO Source (SourceID) VALUES (3);

INSERT INTO OrganisationUnit (OrganisationUnitID,UUID,Name,ParentID,ShortName,Type,GeoCode,LastUpdated)

  VALUES(3,uuid(),"Ghana",NULL,"Ghana","Country","GHA",'2010-03-03 18:23:49');

INSERT INTO Source (SourceID) VALUES (14);

INSERT INTO OrganisationUnit (OrganisationUnitID,UUID,Name,ParentID,ShortName,Type,GeoCode,LastUpdated)

  VALUES(14,uuid(),"Ashanti",3,"Ashanti","Region","GHA001",'2010-03-03 18:23:49');

INSERT INTO Source (SourceID) VALUES (90);

INSERT INTO OrganisationUnit (OrganisationUnitID,UUID,Name,ParentID,ShortName,Type,GeoCode,LastUpdated)

  VALUES(90,uuid(),"Kumasi",14,"Kumasi","District","GHA001014",'2010-03-03 18:23:49');

INSERT INTO Source (SourceID) VALUES (226);

INSERT INTO OrganisationUnit (OrganisationUnitID,UUID,Name,ParentID,ShortName,Type,GeoCode,LastUpdated)

  VALUES(226,uuid(),"Adum",90,"Adum","Sub-District","GHA001014010",'2010-03-03 18:23:49');

INSERT INTO Source (SourceID) VALUES (327);

INSERT INTO OrganisationUnit (OrganisationUnitID,UUID,Name,ParentID,ShortName,Type,GeoCode,LastUpdated)

  VALUES(327,uuid(),"Rabito Clinic",226,"Rabito Clinic","Clinic","GHA001014010",'2010-03-03 18:23:49');

So I could easily have Type as a compulsory group, as suggested in the documentation.  But what table do I have to modify to reflect this?  And does this mean that if I add other (compulsory) groups, the structure of the OrgUnit table will change?

Into what table and how do I insert hierarchy names (region, district)?  What do I do about incomplete or unbalanced hierarchies -- district hospitals may be considered as belonging to the district rather than the sub-district in which they are located, there is an intermediate structure called a metropolitan government which exists only in large urban areas.

Are there other tasks that need to be done to get OrgUnits completely in?  Any tricks or gotchas (like Source and ShortName)?

Thanks, Roger