Re: using the new installer

helllo again,

it depend if you already have a backup of the other database that you want
to work with or you want a complete new one, let me write both

1. using the backup if you have one from somewhere.

all you have to do is open pgadmin3, on databases right click on it and
create new database, you can give this database any name that you line but
preferably it should have the prefix of dhis,

after that just right click on the dhis database that you've created and
restore the backup. (it will open a popup and you should browse to folder
where the backup is locate and restore it).

if you want a new database just follow the steps above until the point you
create the database. and restart your computer (but remember to edit the url
string in the database to point to this new database)

NB. if you want to reuse the dataelement and orgunits for the first
database, you can go to import/ export and choose metadata export and choose
the specific meta data you want to re-use in the other database and export
them, then you can use this file to import in the new database

hope thats help.

cheers