Re: DHIS mobile issues

Hi,

Den 10. apr. 2011 kl. 12.37 skrev Knut Staring:

> Unfortunately, the GPRS data setup varies between countries and
> providers. Can you contact your provider directly or through a mobile
> store to make sure you have data access? This is what I had to do when
> I took my African phone to Switzerland. You can check it by using your
> mobile browser (Opera Mini) to access Google or similar.
>
> And make sure the provider gives you WEB settings, not WAP.

As Knut says, this is most probably because you don't have the right data settings. The easiest thing is to get in touch with the provider (but I think often providers give you wap settings, so make sure they know the difference). It is generally possible to find instructions for manual settings on the web as well, but they can be really difficult to track down.

On where to send question, I think this is a good place for mobile related use questions. We do have a developers team [1] with a list, but it is mainly for regulating source code access and creating a separate user list seems like overkill for now.

Jo

[1] https://launchpad.net/~dhis-mobile-devs