the effect of Active*=yes or no [Creating Data element]

 Dear all,
In Editing the created data element there is this option (Active*=yes&no) which appears after creation of data element (it appears while you try to edit the created data element).In case you put no or yes what is the effect of both in database, analysis or in the system? Since it has * it shows that it is a compulsory option that has an effect.

Edit data element
Details
Name *
Short name
Alternative name
Code
Description
Form name
Active *   Yes  No
Domain Type *   Aggregate  Patient
Value Type *   Number  Text  Yes/No  Date
Number type   Number  Integer  Positive Integer  Negative Integer
Store Zero Data Value No  Yes
Aggregation operator *   Sum  Average
URL
Combination of categories * Blood types combo  Chronic case outcomes comb  Chronic cases combo  default  GBV comb  Hospitalisation and OPD_DH combo2  HospitalizationSummaryCombo  IMCI age comb  Laboratory comb  LINN comb  Neonatal Comb  Nutrition in OPD_Age comb  Obstetric Complications comb  OPD comb for hosp-opd hosp and summary  OPD comb2 for HC only  Outpatient Malnutrition Comb  OutpatientRehabiMalnourished_Comb  Physiotherapy combo  Surgerycombo  Vaccinations age comb
Aggregation levels

Muhire Andrew

HMIS/Ministry of Health
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do..