Re: Secure remote access

I mean keys when I say certificate. I believe they're used interchangeably,
but that might be incorrect. Thanks for your clarification.

However, I think it's an important point that the key should be protected
by a passphrase. If someone breaks into the PC where the private key is
stored and they can use that without a passphrase to log into DHIS, it
creates a network of possible failures that is hackable. I doubt everyone
has the same security policy on their local machine as they should have on
the state DHIS server, so a key without a passphrase would be dangerous
(please let me know if you disagree). I guess alternatively it's possible
to still have a password on a server and require both a password and a ssh
key? This might be even safer.

Lars