Re: Reports - where's the data?

HI Mark,

(copying dev list also since many people ask about this)

Here are datamart instructions for version 2.7:

*Automatic datamart:*
(2.6 and 2.7)
For servers we recommend you use the automatic scheduled datamart (runs at
midnight every day).
This can be configured in Data Administration-Scheduling. (see user manual
section 19.19)
It is correctly set up when it says "Scheduling is running" - which means
that DHIS is scheduled to run a datamart export the next (and every)
midnight. No need to click on Execute now (that starts the datamart process
immediately, but this is sometimes needed as well)
Note that this scheduled datamart will export maximum data for 12 months
back in time, (but will not delete older data). If you have an empty
datamart and have data older than 12 months you should use the manual
approach (see below) for those months that are older than 1 year.
How fast this scheduled datamart export process is will really depend on
your CPU and Memory, but it will most likely take a while. In the tomcat
log you can follow progress and CPU and memory use etc.

*Manual datamart:*
(this is or 2.7)
If you need to do manual datamart exports these are now possible from
Reports->Datamart, but this is more simple now, it takes all data within
the period you specify. This has been made much easier now.
(see section 13.2.1 in the user manual, it has been updated to this new
datamart window).

(2.6)
A bit more complicated UI for datamart export accessed under
Services->Datamart
Here you can select exactly what you want to export. Note that this export
(2.6 and earlier) does not rebuild indexes on the datamart tables.
After an export, go to Maintenance->Data Administration->Maintenance: and
tick Rebuild datamart indexes. Without that last step the reports will be a
lot slower, especially on a multi-user environment.

Ola
-------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>