Re: Missing values in calculating indicators

Hi Tom,

You can consult the DHIS2 mailing list archives for long and torturous
email threads on this issue and it has come up many times.

What would the desired behavior be in your case? Do you mean, that
something like

NA + 1 + 2 +3 = NA

This is not the default behavior at all in DHIS2, and most of the time
NAs/NULLS will be coerced to zero. So, the default behavior in DHIS2 is

NA + 1 + 2+ 3  = 6

In cases when the NAs are important, we have always had to resort to
SQL/R/Stata to perform the aggregation. But maybe there is a better
solution from someone else?

Best regards,
Jason