 From: Ese Egerega <ese@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:09 PM
Subject: [Dhis2-users] DHIS v2.8 database design

Dear All,

I am designing a new database on DHIS v2.8 and I need help with the organization unit structure. The database am building is for an organization (NGO) with offices in 2 provinces but  they have projects spread across several provinces and districts.

Will it be okay to represent only the two offices in the organization unit and then create a data element group/category for the other locations where they have projects OR should I have all the locations in the organization unit even though the NGO does not have physical offices at those places. Please advice.

Thanks,
Ese

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Uddin Fatema <fatemacse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

>Thanks all of your mail.
>
>Yes Jason, I want to create installer for both Offline dhis2 for
UBUNTU and also for a server update DHIS2.

>Thanks BOB, I am trying to follow your documents and using
BirtRock.
>Thanks
>
>Best Regards
>
>Fatema Uddin
>

>On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Yes i made a deb some time ago .. it is still there in trunk under
>>resources, tools or something.  Works ok but I think now it is
>>actually the wrong approach.  As is the bitrock one probably, assuming
>>you are doing a server install.
>>
>>For a server deb I think you need something really small and simple,
>>modelled after the tomcat7-user deb, which has in addition:
>>1.  simple guided setup script resulting in correct server.xml and
>>hibernate.properties file
>>2.  some simple wget/curl based scripts for downloading latest war files
>>3.  some basic pg and/or mysql backup scripts
>>4.  possibly some templates for apache2 and/or nginx proxying
>>5.  any other useful odds and ends that we find ourselves doing over
>>and over (eg. sql script data integrity checks)
>>

>>On 14 June 2012 19:03, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> There has also been some experimentation on making a .deb, but I'm not sure
>>> of the status.
>>>
>>> Sent from my mobile

>--
>
>Fatema Uddin
>Computer ProgrammerHMIS
>Support to the Sector Programme Health (HNPSP)
>Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
>House10/A, Road 90, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
>Office
location:
>Monitoring & Evaluation Unit
>Ministry of Health and Family Welfare