Re: psqlodbc driver on 64 bit windows 7 computer

Thanks Jason!

Your answer did the trick.

Here is a little more information for others who are using 64 bit windows 7 computers but have 32 bit Microsoft Office 2010:

1. select Postgresql ODBC drivers through the Postgres stackbuilder or download from:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

the 32 bit driver I used is: psqlodbc_09_01_0100.zip.

2. once the driver downloads click on the zip file to open it and run the .msi file.
3. install the driver with all the default settings.

Trap: If you now try to create a new data source (DSN) using the regular procedure: Control Panel-Administrative tools-Data sources, you will not see the 32 bit Postgres driver listed driver listed so you can't create a new data source with it.

Solution: If you run the file Jason identified:
%WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Then the same data source creation dialog pops up, but now the 32 bid postgres driver is listed and you can create your data source as you like.

Randy Wilson