Need help with patient-based data elements

Hi,
How do i create a pre-defined list of 'data values' for a particular patient-based data element?

I created the data element with text value type, a data element category with the pre-defined list of values, a DE category combination and I have specified the category combination when defining the DE.
But the predefined list does not appear when i try to enter data for an individual. Its just a text box.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Malawi.

Follow ups