Making compulsary data element optional

Hi,

In reporting rate summary if someone selects an option says: Based on compulsory data elements, and in custom forms we have data element with category A & B and B is disabled, If we run reporting rate summary will it not count this B and displays o% score, or the system counts only data elements that is linked to the form? Or its best in section forms?

Suggestion :

1.What if we make it optional and  put another button that we can select so that if a user puts nothing to the compulsory data element the system`s complete button refuses to validate as complete till these selected data elements are filled. (we make it optional).

2.Making it optional to validation rules also.

The reason for this is that some of the users can click on complete and submit blank sections, so if we make it compulsory with options it can be good.

thanks!

Muhire Andrew

HMIS/Ministry of Health
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do..

Follow ups