From Excel to Single Event Program

Hi all,

Some time ago I was looking for a way to introduce a large bulk of patient
data registers into DHIS2. I didn't want to do that manually, so I wrote a
java program to introduce the values right into the database.

Now, I have modified the program in order to make it reusable. The program
reads a excel file which contains all the information required to perform
the import: database parameters, program parameters and person data values.
The program and the data elements are identified by their names, so there
is no need to provide their id's. The same for organisation units.

There is a file called "instructions" which explains the right way to use
the excel file and how the data values are treated. If you are ok with
that, it is not necessary to do any modification in the code. Anyway, if
someone wants to take a look at the code, it is in the "code" folder.

The program is in a jar file, so a way to run it would be:
$ java -jar adapter.jar path_to_the_excel_file
The excel file must match the template provided.

I hope it could be useful for someone.

Regards,

Víctor

Follow ups