Re: running dhis2 code from eclipse using tomcat as the app server

Hi

I'm not really sure how that would work (if it even could work). I'm
assuming you already know the steps for running it outside of Eclipse?

If not, there is a couple of ways to run dhis2 (when doing dev):

a) If you want to start everything, make sure that you have installed all
the dependencies, then run mvn jetty:run-war from the dhis-web-portal
directory
b) If you are working on just one module, lets say dhis-web-light, then you
can enter that directory and run mvn jetty:run, it sadly won't do
hotloading of classes, but it will read the resources directly, so if you
are changing vm/js files, you can just refresh your browser and you can see
the changes without having to restart the server

Of course, if you are using one of the several maven plugins to Eclipse,
you can also run the command mvn jetty:run/run-war directly from Eclipse,
but not sure if that gives you any advantages

--
Morten