Re: Server Errors

Hi Dan

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Daniel Bridges
<dbridges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Congrats to the team for releasing version 2.11 - it looks great.

Thanks..

> I am trying to upgrade my local server (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS*) *to 2.11, but
> am struggling to get it working. First I upgraded the server to postgres
> 9.2. I then created a new database and restored the 2.11 demo data into the
> new database. Everything seemed to run fine, although when I start up
> tomcat I get these two errors in catalina.out:
>
> * ERROR 2013-03-27 08:24:39,596 Failed to upgrade expression: ([66.4] *
> 1.0) + ([191.4] * 1.0) (ExpressionUpgrader.java [pool-2-thread-1])
> * ERROR 2013-03-27 08:24:39,597 java.lang.NullPointerException
> (ExpressionUpgrader.java [pool-2-thread-1])

In 2.11 we are using UIDs for indicator and validation rules expressions.
This means that the upgrade routine failed for one of the expressions
because the formula was invalid. This is mostly often caused by an
identifier in the formula pointing to a non-existing data element or
category option combination. You can identify this by running "Data
integrity checks" in data admin module and look for invalid indicator /
validation rule formulas.

I can see we could have given a more descriptive error message her. But the
system will ignore it and continue starting up.

> When I try to login to the server I get a 404 error from nginx. Happy to
> give more info, but does anyone know what these errors could relate to and
> how to solve them.

Would be good with some more info. The above issue should not be related.

> I also noticed that the dhis2-demo.zip file is listed on the dhis2.orgdownload page as 74Mb, but the file I downloaded is actually 103Mb in size.
> Which should it be? Are there any md5 / SHA1 checksums that I can check my
> download against?

I have corrected it now, the size should be 103 Mb. Will add checksums
later.

Thanks for reporting.