Re: Any suggestions for partner reporting in DHIS-2?

Hi Randy,

on this issue there are lots of opinions - my recommendation would be to
stick to the aggregate part of the system and leave out the individual
records module. This is routine data captured at a fixed interval so
capturing it as events might become messy over time.

My suggestion on how to solve this would be to use categories - you could:

- set up a category and category combination called "Partners".
- category options for each partner like "FHI" and "ACCESS".
- create data elements for each service and assign them to the partner
category combination.
- create one data set per partner (e.g. "HIV counselling FHI").
- for each data set you create a custom form, and insert the data element +
category option combinations for input fields accordingly.
- you create user roles for each partner.
- you assign the partner data sets to the corresponding partner user roles.
- you assign users for each partner to the corresponding user roles.
- you assign data sets (for partners) to facilities according to where the
partners operate.

The partners can then select their data set when entering data, without
having to worry about "who they are". There are no extra org units to
maintain and the partners cannot mix up data sets when entering data.

One drawback is that you have to create those extra custom forms, but since
you have a "very simple list of services" this might be affordable.

regards,

Lars