DXF Detailed Metadata Export...

... is gone

Hi - 2.10 as well as early development releases of 2.11 had an 'DXF
Detailed Metadata Export' option. This function allowed to specify what
Data Elements and Indicators to export. It was great for prototyping
something in one server, and then moving the final definitions to another
box. The final release of 2.11 doesn't have that option anymore. I curios
to learn why the functionality was axed - i suspect some technical reasons
relating to the explicit use of UID across the new version.

So if that function is not coming back, what is the best strategy for
moving metadata from one instance to another? I imagine the answer is using
an XML editor  and editing the export XML that you get from the metadata
export option. Is that the case? Any suggestions of good XML editors that
allow to read the resulting XML by a human being, so you can be selective
about what you are moving between boxes? I'm looking for a Mac editor, and
a Windows editor.

Rodolfo

--
*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal*

Note: Please note my new email address, which I will be using for PSI
related work: rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow ups