OpenID in DHIS2

Hi there,

I am working for WHO (World Health Organization). We just installed DHIS2 in our dev/test servers. We would like to have a proof of concept to see whether DHIS2 can be used to collect health data from countries and/or regions by many programmes.

Currently, our IT department has implemented OpenID for our two ADs (the internal one, called WIMS, and the external one, called ADS).
Our department is promoting the use of OpenID for authentication (instead of LDAP, for example).

Has anyone implemented in DHIS2 authentication using (a list of) OpenID (providers)?
If not, how long will it take to do this?

Cheers,
Liliana Pievaroli

P/S: We have already implemented code in .Net, PHP (including Drupal) and it is working fine.
Willing to share that code, if this can help.

P/S2: It may not be the last time you hear from me...

Follow ups