Looking for detailed documentation

Hi there,

We are trying to build a custom data entry form for case-based data (for a single-event without registration program).
We encounter some issues, we tried to look for the answers in the existing DHIS2.org documentation but the information we found is not detailed enough.

We are trying to find documentation that explains the behavior in the custom data entry form depending on the data element's data type selected.
Yes only (will this be a checkbox in the form?); text with set option (should this display a select box?)

Looking forward to any documentation that can help us!

Thanks,
Liliana and Johannes

Follow ups