dhis to submit anonymous data

Hi there,

during the Uganda workshop last month we had an interesting suggestion from
one of the participants.

The idea is to let DHIS submit anonymous, non-sensitive data to a central
system in order to gather basic statistics related to usage. The data sent
would include:

- A random, anonymous system identifier
- DHIS 2 version
- Java server version
- Operating system and version

Then we could make an optional feature for "activating" or "registering"
your DHIS instance, where you could optionally inform about:

- System contact person
- System description

It would be quite useful and interesting to know things like:

- How many DHIS instances there are out there
- How fast are new DHIS versions adopted
- What is the dominant server operating system/environment

This info would of course be disclosed only in aggregate form.

What do people think about this? Any strong objections?

best regards,