Re: DHIS can't connect to Postgres

Dear All,

Please check the hibernet.properties file which is keep inside dhis folder
or inside dhis.war file. Several time iface same problem and solved by
using this hibernet.properties file.

I am giving one hibernet.properties file here
----------------------
hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dhis
hibernate.connection.username = username
hibernate.connection.password = passward
hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto = update

hibernate.c3p0.max_size = 50
hibernate.c3p0.min_size = 1
hibernate.c3p0.timeout = 100
hibernate.c3p0.max_statements = 0
hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period = 3000
hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment = 1
hibernate.c3p0.max_statements_per_connection = 0
hibernate.c3p0.validate = false
hibernate.connection.release_mode = after_transaction
----------------
additionally,  i attached one hibernet.properties file here. Check it, i
believe it will ward

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No you don't.  local is for unix domain sockets which are not used by
> java.  Also windoze doesn't have them either so I doubt if this line has
> any effect at all.
>
> If Roger is authenticating through pgadmin on windows then he must be
> connecting via tcp (host or hostssl line in pg_hba.conf) so it should be
> the same route taken by java.
>
> Roger, if my earlier suggestion didn't work send a copy of your
> pg_hba.conf file so we can have a look.  I must confess I have no idea what
> the default one looks like on windows.
>

> On 26 July 2013 12:12, Morten Olav Hansen <mortenoh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Did you switch to using md5 auth in pg_hba.conf?
>>
>> local   all             all                                     md5
>>
>> Not sure what's the default on windows, but on Ubuntu you always have to
>> do that..
>>
>> --
>> Morten
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) <
>> rdf4@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>   We have a new 64-bit installation: Windows, Tomcat7, Postgres9.2.
>>> hibernate.properties like manual, connection //localhost:8080/dhis.  Tomcat
>>> log shows authentication error making connection, and login rejection can
>>> be seen in Postgres log.  This happens with 2 different username/password
>>> pairs, both of which work when used with pgAdmin.  Any ideas?****

*Fatema Uddin**
*----------------------------------------
*Technical Advisor HIS*
Priority Area Health
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
House10/A, Road 90, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
*Office location:*
Room # 304, Shshid Dr.Milan Bhavan,                              Management
Information System,
Directorate General of Health Services of MoHFW,
Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh

Phone: +880 2 881 64 59
Fax:   +880 2 881 38 75
**