Re: ireport deprecated

Hi Randy,

It seems that JRXML remains - and is hopefully the same. I think you should
try uploading some of your existing JRXML files into Studio.

"When you design a report using either iReport Designer or Jaspersoft
Studio, you are creating a JRXML file, which is an XML document that
contains the definition of the report layout. The layout is completely
visual, so you can ignore the underlying structure of the JRXML file.
Before executing a report, the JRXML must be compiled in a binary object
called a Jasper file. Jasper files are what you need to ship with your
application in order to run the reports"

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/introduction-jaspersoft-studio
http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/537180/how-compile-jrxml-report

Knut