DHIS2 Meta-Data and Data Import Issues

Hi,

I have some major problems when I am trying to import meta-data and data
from one DHIS2 instance to another. These are as follows:

Issue 1:

I have a DHIS2 installation running on a VMWare Virtual Machine. Using the
Meta-Data Export/Import features in DHIS2, I have imported data from
another DHIS2 instance running on a laptop into the VM "successfully".
"Successfully" in quotes because the log says it was imported successfully.
However, when I shut down the VM and start it again, all the imported data
is missing from the VM. That is, it is as if I did not import any data. In
the data import screen, Dry Run option is set to "No". I did take a
snapshot of the VM immediately after importation and reverted to the
snapshot after firing up the VM but nothing doing. Any ideas on why the
data is not persisting on the VM?

Note: Nothing I am doing on the VM persists! For example, I looked at the
default user I have been using to access DHIS2 (admin:district) and added
all the roles to the user. These additions to the user account were not
reflected after restarting the VM.

Important Note: I have noticed, by looking at the logs, that every time the
DHIS2 instance starts up, it is attempting to run alot of table altering
SQL commands, most of which are failing. I suspect that it is these
commands that are interfering with my data. If you would like to see a copy
of the log file, I will be happy to provide it.

Issue 2:

After importing the data, I log out of DHIS2 and try logging in using a
different user whose info has been imported into the VM. This does not
work. This is BEFORE I even shut down the machine. When I log back in using
the default admin user, I can see the user accounts in the system.

Note: I have seen from an old posting on the forum that importation of
users was disabled. I don't know if this is still the case and therefore
why I am having this problem?

Issue 3:

After importing meta-data, I immediately tried to import DATA from the
other instance. Data import fails with a message that it was unable to
clear the BatchHandler.

Any help on the above issues will be appreciated.

Edwin

Follow ups