Re: DHIS version 2.14 released

Congratulation to Developers for their hard work and commitment.

Bal Ram Bhui
Monrovia

On Friday, January 10, 2014 3:57 PM, riddy ndoma <riddyndoma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dhis2 highest ever. Congratulations!

2014/1/10 Prosper BT <ptb3000@xxxxxxxxx>

Congs Dev team,

>What a nice 2014 gift. Lets test and provide feedback
>

>Regards
>

>On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Hi all,
>>

>>DHIS version 2.14 is out. There are lots of new features this time, too:
>>

>>- Events in GIS: You can now visualize events, or individual cases, on maps. This means that you can easily drill down from mapping of the aggregated data to the underlying cases. As an example, you can go from viewing percentage of delivery by skilled health worker in the country, to where those deliveries actually took place in a district. You can query for events from a particular program using any number of data elements or attributes, using both exact and partial matches.
>>

>>Try it out on the demo - log in with admin/district - the event layer is the leftmost layer on the top menu, e.g. for the "inpatient morbidity/mortality" program.
>>

>>Demo| Screenshot| Documentation
>>

>>- Data approval: A work-flow where data must be approved at each level of the organisational unit hierarchy is now supported. Data is approved per data set, time period and organisation unit. Data may be approved for the organisation unit for which it is entered, as well as for higher-level organisation units to which the data is aggregated. It can be approved for a higher-level organisation unit only after it has been approved for all that organisation unit's children for the same data set and period. When a data set is approved, the form will be locked and any further data entry prohibited.
>>

>>Data approval is configurable per data set, and can be set in the add/edit data set screen. It comes with two new authorities: “approve data” and “approve data at lower levels”. Data approval happens in data set report in reports module. When a data set report shows data that is configured for approval, it shows the approval status of the data in the report which will be one of “ready for approval”, “approved” or “waiting for lower level org units to approve”. The approval and un-approval buttons can be found below the actual data set report. Note that approval must happen for the data set collection period type / frequency.
>>

>>Approval does not yet affect data analysis - we want your input on the requirements before building the next step. Try it out on the demo for the "ART monthly summary" and "Population" data sets.
>>

>>Demo| Documentation
>>

>>- Data set categories: You can now link a data set to a category combination in order to capture information which is common to the entire data set. Typical use-cases are data capture for an implementing partner, funding mechanism or project. Categories and category combinations can now be of type “disaggregation”, representing the kind of categories used for data element disaggregation, or type “attribute”, representing the new categories for data sets.

> [...]

Riddy NDOMA
Software Developer
Skype: riddyndoma, G+: riddyndoma, FB: riddy ndoma
Twitter: riddyndoma, LinkedIn: riddy ndoma
Blog: http://riddyndoma.blogspot.com/

Vous servir est mon désire (Serving you is my desire
)