Re: Multiple periods in data entry

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have the need to create a yearly data entry form that for each data
> element (without disaggregation) also displays data from the two preceding
> years in a table, and ideally even allows for editing of those previous
> values (although there could also be a link to click on in case editing is
> needed).
>
> I assume this can be achieved by creating a custom form and adding some
> jquery functionality exploiting the Web API, and that that would be a
> better option than creating a separate App for this?

Yes I think creating a custom form with javascript pulling out values from
the previous periods is a good solution.

In 2.14 we introduced a web api resource which makes it simpler to send
individual data values, documentation here:

http://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch27s06.html#d5e7097

For reading previous values you can use the datavalueset resource:

http://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch27s06.html#d5e7158