Re: [Dhis2-devs] user roles, access control

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Jason Pickering <
jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I personally would think this would make more sense as a permission for a
> user role. That way, it is very clear who is allowed to do what.

Interesting idea. Might be better for all I know.

The thinking was that there are two "styles" of defining user roles - one
hierarchical approach where you define user roles according to people's
position/role in the ministry/organisation, e.g. "district officer". The
other where you define roles based on dhis functionality, e.g. "data
quality operations". So in these two approaches you would likely want all
roles to be either / or.

But these are just ideas and we will learn when it hits real users.