Re: DHIS2 - Db Server / Postgresql Max Connections (FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved...)

Thanks to you both!

From: Lars Helge Øverland [mailto:larshelge@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 April 2014 04:32 PM
To: Bob Jolliffe
Cc: Jason Phillips; DHIS 2 Users list; Renier Rousseau; Mike Nelushi
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 - Db Server / Postgresql Max Connections
(FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved...)

Yes I would say 50.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9 April 2014 15:27, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lars, I haven't looked very recently, but to what extent are we creating new
jdbc connections outside of the c3p0 pool?  If we are only strictly using
the pool its easier to provision these things.

Like you point about we have deliberately moved away from direct acquisition
of connections to using connection pool. Right now there is only data mart
generation process (which should in most cases be disabled anyway) and the
reporting rates summary in reports module which will get connections
directly. For the latter we have a blueprint of moving it to analytics
engine for 2.16 (and hence go through connection pool). So a few extra
connections could be given for now.

right so with a c3p0 pool size of 30 then 50 postgres connections would be a
safe bet?  Maybe even 40.