Re: upgrade from dhis 2.14 to 2.15

On 26 May 2014 13:18, Tony Iha <tonyiha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could anyone point me to some notes on how to do a smooth upgrade from
> 2.14 to 2.15
>
> *My steps.*
> 1. I downloaded the latest stable version of 2.15
> Version:2.15 Build revision:15074 Build date:2014-05-25 20:19
> 2. Took a sql dump of 2.14 from postgres
> 3. I stopped and undeployed 2.14 from TomCat Web Application Manager
> 4. On a test server created my new dhis database from my 2.14 dump
> (process completed successful)
> 5. Run the upgrade script *rename-patient-to-trackedentity.sql *got the
> following errors (dhis217.txt).
> 6. Restarted tomcat and postgtes and can run dhis2 properly with user admin
>
> Issues:
> -My OU structure has disappeared from the front end
> -Users are not visible only default user is available.
>
> Tony, if you go to Profile->About DHIS 2, can you confirm that the
database running with DHIS 2 is actually the one you want it to be?
>From your problem with missing orgunits and users it sounds like you are
running against a new blank database and that DHIS 2 didn't pick your
database at startup.

If the database is not as expected, then check your tomcat log at startup
to see whether the correct hibernate.properties file was found and used.

Ola
-----