From: Deemoyes [mailto:deemoyes@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 1:17 PM
To: Hinds, Ms. Angela (CAR); DHIS 2 Users list
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Creating a patient dataset

Dear Ms. Angela,

Patient Data Elements may be divided into two categories from my experience. There are the patient data elements which appear on the Tracker/Person Programs and Program Stages that you create. These data elements may be elements of a program stage. For example, for a Child at birth on ANC program, you may want "Was NVP given at birth", OPV, Measles and the likes as Data Elements for the Program/Program Stages involved to be a patient data element. This is why they will not show under data sets when you select patient as Domain Type.

The second category of the Data Elements for use with the Tracker are the Aggregate Domain Type Data Elements. This can be created as aggregate domain type data element but as‎signed to a Data Set which you can now link to your Aggregate Query Builder under you Tracker/Individual Records Module in the DHIS2 to run an aggregate query while selecting the Dataset that you want to run this query with and then selecting the type of Tracker Element e.g Number of Visits under the radio buttons and the Tracker Data Element such as the Number of OPV given etc.

Please may I also ask what you want to achieve exactly.

And I hope this helps.

Regards,

Adedayo
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.