Re: [Dhis2-devs] Speed up the " Data capture and maintenance organisation units"

On 4 June 2014 21:28, Thái Chương <thaichuong159@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Ola,
> We have 4 levels and already set to the largest one.

Actually it works the other way around, so setting it as level 2 or 3 would
make it faster and then only download level 4 units to your local storage
when you try to expand a level 3 unit.
So you specify the number of levels of the hierarchy to download, starting
from the level of the user orgunit.
Try to change the settings and see if it helps. If you have many big custom
forms that may also cause some waiting time for the initial download and on
updates.

> The internet connect sometimes lost 50 or 75%. Some computers could not
> load org unit tree.
> But on the user management, feel the "Data output and analysis
> organisation units" always load quite fast and stable.
> Just wondering that we can do that for other parts also.

I'll let the devs respond to this I think, but the main difference is that
we offer offline data entry which means that orgunits and forms are
downloaded to your browser's local storage.
A new download will be triggered every time there is an update to the
orgunits or forms on the server.

The analysis modules work differently, but also needs to load a
considerable amount to the client of data when opening the module.

Ola
------