Re: Sharing Pivot Table details between DHIS instances

Hi Bob+Knut,

Yip, we agreed on a dual coding system for orgunits a few weeks back:
[OrgUnitCode] to support data collection activities (in mobile, paper &
electronic registers) and [UID] for data warehousing tasks (although UIDs
could be used to support either).

With regards to Indicators and Data Elements - UIDs make sense for
standardization between EHRs, Mobile systems, DHIS2 instances and other
types of systems. Unfortunately disaggregation has created a new challenge
for standardization/alignment but I believe any "global" repository could
cater for this by creating a "library" of non-disaggregated indicator &
element definitions. That way mappings could be developed to support the
numerous styles of disaggregations out there...

Just to be clear - a "global" metadata repository is to act only as a
reference point for data-definitions & orgunit-lists or does it also exist
as a type of data-warehouse to store aggregated data?

Greg