DHIS2 - Versioning of data

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any way to implement a kind of versioning in DHIS2? With versioning, I mean having for instance a population census in 2010 of which the results are used in all indicator calculations between 2010 and 2012, i.e. until a new census is published. It's then the same for the new census. So basically a way to store data with validity dates used for reporting and indicator calculation.

A possible solution might be to use data sets with a certain periodicity (e.g. 1 month) and copy-paste the previous value manually until an update takes place, but that's not a very elegant solution. A simple "most recent value" filter for reporting and indicator calculation for instance would already do for me (although it wouldn't give correct results for queries run on data from the past).

Thanks for any input,

Robin

Follow ups